Digital Marketing Analytics Manager
Debut is the unconventional innovation lab spearheading the next generation of big business. Only Debut has a scalable, integrated, climate-positive creation model powered by biotechnology that puts human wellbeing at the center of everything we do—setting the new standard for profitable business and a new pace for an ever-changing world. Our hybrid biotechnology approaches unlock latent markets, providing access to sustainably produced, natural ingredients with health benefits that cannot be obtained through other methods. We are committed to traversing the entire process, from ingredient discovery to the scaling of these products, for consumer markets. If you are passionate, enjoy fast-paced innovation and collaborative teams, then Debut is for you.
We aim to be a leader in the sustainable brands direct-to-consumer landscape, by always experimenting and evolving our practices to best serve our consumer community, drive increased growth and relevance, and be at the forefront of new consumer engagement vehicles.
Debut is seeking a Digital Marketing Analytics Manager to establish and lead the marketing analytics program, supporting the launch of our first consumer brand in market. Your role is to develop the entire marketing analytics program from a crawl (engagement and last-channel attribution) to a walk (conversion/revenue) to a run (ROI and multi-channel). You’ll also be responsible for preparing regular reports and dashboards to communicate findings and insights to stakeholders in a visually appealing and easily understandable format. This is a key role within the organization that directly impacts sales performance and growth – the ideal candidate feels energized by cross-functional collaboration, has a positive attitude for continuous improvement, and an interest in the everchanging digital landscape.
The role reports to the Director of Ecommerce & Digital Marketing. We have a strong preference for candidates able to work in San Diego or Los Angeles. For the strongest candidates, would consider Remote, with regular travel required to San Diego.
- Own marketing analytics program from A-Z, including the selection of platforms, tracking, implementation, data validation, and quality assurance, with the goal of accurately attributed revenue
- Develop the templates for reporting and a cadence for presenting to internal & external teams; create models and visualizations that help us see where we are, where we are going and where we could go
- Work with the Director of Ecommerce & Digital Marketing, CFO and brand team to identify what key performance indicators are needed to show impact, and pull all data into a common dashboard where it can be democratized and made available for others to use
- Proactively analyze marketing metrics, including website unique visitors, email clicks, paid media click-thru-rate, social engagements, and most importantly revenue, to identify trends, behaviors, opportunities, optimizations, risks and anomalies; looking specifically at the data for opportunities to optimize conversion, increase AOV, and enhance LTV
- Serve as the internal GA4 expert to ensure correct setup, tracking and tagging techniques are being utilized to maximize the latest version of our analytics package
- Partner with Digital Marketing Associate Manager and Consumer Insight Manager in developing strategic customer segmentation (RFM, behavioral, demographic, attitudinal) to grow revenue and repeat purchase rate through retention tactics
- Establish goals, make clear prioritization decisions, and communicate to the stakeholders on progress towards analytical goals
- Manage a workflow of insight requests from leadership and other senior manager
Preferred Experience And Capabilities
- 3+ years' experience specifically in marketing analytics, ideally leading an analytics program for a D2C company, and providing data management for channels like website, email, search, social media, paid media, etc.
- Ability to consolidate data inputs from different web analytics tools to bring forward cohesive insights and action plans.
- Able to manage large complex data sets and draw concise, actionable insights that are delivered with clarity and confidence
- Excellent understanding of (or equivalent platforms)
- Experience turning flat data into impactful visualizations that make the information more digestible
- Logical and creative thinker; comfortable with ambiguity and solving complex business problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics or related field.
- You are willing to travel as needed (anticipated 25%)
- Beauty experience a plus
Salary: $135,000 - $145,000 per year