Human Resource Manager
Debut is the unconventional innovation lab spearheading the next generation of big business. Only Debut has a scalable, integrated, climate-positive creation model powered by biotechnology that puts human wellbeing at the center of everything we do—setting the new standard for profitable business and a new pace for an ever-changing world. Our hybrid biotechnology approaches unlock latent markets, providing access to sustainably produced, natural ingredients with health benefits that cannot be obtained through other methods. We are committed to traversing the entire process, from ingredient discovery to the scaling of these products, for consumer markets. If you are passionate, enjoy fast-paced innovation and collaborative teams, then Debut is for you.
Debut is seeking a full-time Human Resource Generalist to support our rapidly growing team. This person will be responsible for providing comprehensive support in all areas of Human Resources services, including the daily activities of the Human Resources department, supporting team and culture building, as well as serving as the primary administrator of benefits programs. Experience working within biotech and a startup environment strongly preferred.
- Coordinates and facilitates the new hire onboarding program
- Plans and promotes company-wide benefit information initiatives such as open enrollment, information webinars and meetings
- Primary administrator responsible for employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short and long-term disability
- Main administrator for benefits system and the processing of new hires, terminations, life events, etc.
- Acts as liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors
- Performs regular audits of the benefits system, reviewing billing, addressing issues and resolving discrepancies
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in the benefits landscape
- Works with Operations on employee engagement initiatives, including company events
- Assists with the preparation of the annual total rewards statements, which may include document data gathering, development and rollout
- Creates postings/articles on company socials to highlight various employee programs to support recruitment efforts
- Monitors HR inbox and responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner, referring to supervisor as needed
- Work with supervisors and staff members to address any performance issues, support PIP processes, and quickly/effectively resolve complaints
- Responds to verification of employment (VOE) requests per company policy
- Conducts or assists with record audits, including I-9 and payroll audits and compliance reviews
- Coordinates with Operations on corporate swag, including ordering, maintaining inventory and distribution to employees
- Supports the facilitation of hiring qualified candidates
- Main administrator of the online Harassment & Prevention training program
- Responsible for the offboarding process; termination documents, notifications, etc.
- Works in coordination with Operations team to recommend and implement HR guidelines, workflows, and approvals
- Performs HRIS input and audits as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
A master’s degree with at least 5 years of experience or a bachelor’s degree and with at least 8 years of progressive HR experience preferred. Preference given to degrees with focus on HR or candidates with SHRM certification. Requires at least 2 years’ experience administering employee benefit programs, general recruitment, compensation programs, and policy and procedure interpretation. Relevant experience gained within the biotech or life sciences industry and experience with scaling startup companies strongly preferred.
Position also requires:
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Strong understanding of benefit and leave of absence planning and administration
- SHRM certification strongly preferred
- Ability to form strong, credible, trusting relationships with employees at all levels
- Strong collaboration and teamwork abilities
- Ability to think critically and creatively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to operate with the highest level of integrity and to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate competencies applicable for job
Work for this position is performed at Debut’s worksite and requires full-time commitment.
The actual salary will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications, including skills, competencies, education and experience. Debut offers a competitive benefit package including 401k match, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits. In addition, this position will be eligible for an annual bonus and equity grant.
Expected Base Salary Range: $110,000.00 - 130,000.00