Debut is the unconventional innovation lab spearheading the next generation of big business. Only Debut has a scalable, integrated, climate-positive creation model powered by biotechnology that puts human wellbeing at the center of everything we do—setting the new standard for profitable business and a new pace for an ever-changing world. Our hybrid biotechnology approaches unlock latent markets, providing access to sustainably produced, natural ingredients with health benefits that cannot be obtained through other methods. We are committed to traversing the entire process, from ingredient discovery to the scaling of these products, for consumer markets. If you are passionate, enjoy fast-paced innovation and collaborative teams, then Debut is for you.
The primary focus for this position will be in working with external brand partners, supporting sales and operations. Regarding external brand partnerships and sales, activities will be devoted to customer contacts, proactive problem diffusion, and management of all new projects and open orders. For operations, you will be working closely and communicating with the managers of each existing department to develop cohesive strategies and corresponding timelines for each new project.
Effective and efficient management of product briefs with the focus on developing high quality products that drive to repeat customer PO's. Support business development strategy and execution. Execute regular order process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support brand partners with timely and accurate cost estimates / quotes, timelines and other information.
- Receive and process all incoming product briefs and redirects
- Where possible, adjust project management approach and coordinate with the Debut team to fit the unique needs of each customer while respecting Debut processes
- Be the main point of contact to the customer
- Ensure R&D and costing paperwork is complete and accurate before sending to the customer
- Actively manage the scale-up process for any customer products starting the first production run including carefully managing customer expectations
- Think strategically about each customer's New Product Development (NPD) projects to drive customers to the best decision as efficiently as possible
- Proactively raise risks, deadlines, and concerns to meet launch timeline objectives
- Support business development initiatives as needed via sample and presentation coordination.
- Actively participate in market research on behalf of Debut
- Participate in customer vetting as needed
- Visit customers as needed
- Clear and effective communication with brand partners and to Debut including executing the weekly order process and identify exceptions.
- Support the long-term scheduling process as well as daily / weekly scheduling processes
- Support quality in the management of any quality issues that arise as it relates to resolution and communication to the customer
- Investigate and resolve inventory questions and discrepancies.
Debut provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Debut complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The essential duties listed are representative of the major duties required of this job; ability to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation is required. Debut may make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
This job description is not designed or intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant brand facing customer experience with high level of accountability and/or relevant education.
- Excellent Customer Service skills, ability to communicate clearly to both external and internal customers
- Ability to work successfully with customers in difficult situations and communicate clearly either verbally or in writing.
- Preferable to have direct experience in the personal care, cosmetic or fragrance industry.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of Account Management Experience required
- Experience in Personal Care & Cosmetic Products required
- Regularly/Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend
- Regularly/Frequently use hands to keyboard or type, handle materials, or manipulate tools
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally/Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and, infrequently, up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this classification include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing abilities required by this classification includes those which permit the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Requires composure and ability to prioritize and handle many urgent tasks and requests simultaneously with a high level of competence and accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality
The physical demands identified above are representative of those that will be required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Salary Range: $80k - $110k