Project Manager, Biotechnology Platforms
Debut is the unconventional innovation lab spearheading the next generation of big business. Only Debut has a scalable, integrated, climate-positive creation model powered by biotechnology that puts human wellbeing at the center of everything we do—setting the new standard for profitable business and a new pace for an ever-changing world. Our hybrid biotechnology approaches unlock latent markets, providing access to sustainably produced, natural ingredients with health benefits that cannot be obtained through other methods. We are committed to traversing the entire process, from ingredient discovery to the scaling of these products, for consumer markets. If you are passionate, enjoy fast-paced innovation and collaborative teams, then Debut is for you.
Salary Range: $115-130k
Debut is seeking a Project Manager for both internal and external R&D programs. The candidate will report directly to the CEO and will have a 360-degree view of our internal and partnered projects. The candidate will understand and set key performance indicators for each program and create risk analyses and Gantt charts to ensure the program is on time and within budget. The Project Manager will build a dashboard for all programs and advise the R&D teams on risks and budget. The candidate must be well versed in synthetic biology, project management and must be highly organized and detail oriented. The candidate will build the project management function at Debut and will meet with the CEO daily to keep the senior team informed of progress. The ideal candidate will also make external facing presentations compiling all critical data.
- A bachelor of science degree, and 5+ years of project management experience. A PhD in biotechnology or a related discipline is preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skill in the life sciences field.
- A fundamental understanding of fermentation, metabolic engineering, and downstream processing.
- Strong experience with project management software for real time monitoring and reporting of project progress. Will create a dashboard for Debut internal and external projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to make clear decisions.
- Works with an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned projects on time, to specifications, with accuracy and efficiency.
- Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
- Conducts cost analyses, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk.
- Manages questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Organized and high attention to detail.
- Solid time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of the project or product being developed, or ability to learn quickly.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 or related software.
Salary Range: $115-130k