As our Laboratory Maintenance Specialist you will be responsible for installation, calibrations, repairs, and preventive maintenance of electronic, electro-mechanical, and/or mechanical instrumentation of all lab and pilot scale equipment at Debut Biotechnology. This is a very collaborative role, working with scientists and engineers to ensure that our equipment and systems are operating safely and at maximum efficiency. The Laboratory Maintenance Specialist will coordinate with our production teams and Laboratory Management to ensure capital equipment uptime is maximized, maintenance budgets are optimized, and research capability needs are met.
- Demonstrated aptitude in EH&S regulations and requirements for laboratory and equipment safety, including LOTO, job hazard analysis, and proper PPE
- 5+ years experience in laboratory or plant equipment maintenance in a life sciences or brewing industry
- Experience in maintenance and rebuilding of valves, mechanical seals, pumps, boilers, chillers, and fermenters is preferred.
- Aptitude in PLC controlled systems (troubleshooting, programming) is a strong plus
- Has proven experience in laboratory housekeeping procedures including maintaining spare parts inventory and equipment, ordering supplies, and maintaining a clean and safe laboratory environment
- Ability to plan and schedule preventative and corrective maintenance tasks effectively, and aligning with management on prioritization
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a diverse workforce
- Strong communication skills
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours supporting a 24/7 operation including weekends
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check.
- Work requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and office equipment. Laboratory operations require dexterity and care to perform studies as required.
- The R&D laboratory will result in exposure to hot and cold temperatures, noise, fumes, limited dust, and oily coolants.
- Requires walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of material up to fifty (50) pounds.
- The performance of this position will present exposure to an industrial environment and requires support and compliance with the published Company PPE policy including but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, appropriate attire, safety shoes, hard hat, hearing protection, etc.
- Debut Biotech is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To learn more about Debut please see:
DSM Agrees to Evaluate Debut’s Scalable Cell-Free Manufacturing Platform (Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News): https://www.genengnews.com/topics/bioprocessing/dsm-agrees-to-evaluate-debut-biotechs-scalable-cell-free-manufacturing-platform/
Next gen cell-free biomanufacturing could unlock opportunities to synthesize natural ingredients (Food Navigator-USA): https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2021/03/23/Next-gen-cell-free-biomanufacturing-could-unlock-opportunities-to-biosynthesize-far-wider-set-of-natural-ingredients-claims-startup
Debut Biotech Awarded $1M from Air Force Research Lab for aerospace applications of cell-free biomanufacturing (PRWeb): https://www.prweb.com/releases/debut_biotechnology_awarded_1m_from_air_force_research_lab_to_leverage_cell_free_continuous_biomanufacturing_in_aerospace_applications/prweb17394934.htm